Lewisville is a city in Denton County, Texas, United States. It is a suburb within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Originally called Holford’s Prairie, Lewisville dates back to the early 1840s. The arrival of the town’s first railroad in 1881 engendered its initial growth, and the expansion of the area’s transportation infrastructure spurred further development in the early part of the 20th century. Lewisville incorporated in 1925, and when construction of Lewisville Lake was completed in the 1950s, the city began to expand rapidly.